Welcome to the UK Property Salary Report 2016, by Deverell Smith, detailing the most in-depth and current employment and salary trends in the UK property employment industry. This is your comprehensive guide to bench-marking salaries and supporting your hiring decisions over the next 12 months.
The complete report includes recruitment market updates, our views, trends, advice and average salaries for professions within the Accounting and Finance, Estate Agency, Facilities Management, General Practice, HR, Marketing, New Homes, Property Management, Real Estate Investment, Residential Development and Technical sectors.
Are you looking for advice on retaining, training and hiring the right people for your property company?
Take a look at our employers advice sections provided for every sector within UK property to help you build and retain stronger teams.
Are you seeking a pay rise or considering a change of job in the next 12 months?
With the most detailed catalogue of property professional salaries across both sectors and seniority you can benchmark your earnings, employment trends in your sector and find out what employers are currently looking for.
Key Findings from the UK Property Salary Report
• Total number of property job vacancies advertised in the UK was up 28% year on year from April 2015 to April 2016.
• The most significant growth in salaries was for competitive hiring sectors including project management for commercial construction up 12% and New Homes sales up 14%.
• Vacancy activity in UK construction has over the past 12 months been fuelled by inner city commercial construction and has at the end of Q1 2016 begun to soften as residential starts slowed.
• Major cities outside London saw the largest rise in the growth of property professional vacancies and salaries since 2007.
• Growth of interim hiring activity is rising as the active permanent candidate market opt for stability and employers seek a flexible workforce in the face of market uncertainty.
• London remains the top destination for European real estate investment professionals.
About the Report
The UK Property Salary Report is based on the analysis of Deverell Smith’s quantitative data from over 57,000 permanent, interim and contract applications and placements across the UK from Q1 2015 to Q1 2016.